Are you tired of boring floors? Did you know that a designer’s secret weapon is blending architectural elements with a homeowner’s style? Check out some of our favorite budget-friendly, hand-crafted tiles! This is where form meets function!
Talavera Painted Tiles
1. Talavera Painted Tile. It’s impossible to narrow it to just one painted design! Go big and bright or subdued and sophisticated. Talavera is a painted tile that originates in Mexico. Beautiful designs can add punch to a variety of home styles including: Mediterranean, Hacienda, Victorian, Tuscan and even casual beach homes. We recommend starting your talavera selection with a decorative design – then work in the solid color accents and trims. To complete the look, coordinate complimentary elements such as Cantera stone, as seen in this photo on the kitchen counter and hood trim.
Manganese Hexagon Saltillo
2. Manganese Hexagon Saltillo Tile. We sure do love this beauty! Manganese Saltillo, in general, is super versatile. While Saltillo is a rustic-style tile, the combination of light and dark contrasts beautifully develops into a modern-vintage look. Manganese Saltillo produces a floor of varying shades of brown and terra cotta colors. Paired with light walls and cabinets, you can see how this kitchen takes on a somewhat modern look. The hexagon shape is a good value because it’s a 1-tile pattern – yet adds a decorative statement to the floor with its symmetrical shape.
Roseton Cement Tile
3. Roseton Cement Tile. If you’re in the market for Cement Tile, you’ve seen the Roseton design on many websites. Here’s the reason why – It’s a great design! Roseton Cement tile comes in a variety of color schemes but we love the Black, White and Gray schematic. It’s an old-world style design that brings a contemporary kick in this color scheme. Similar to the use of Manganese Saltillo (above), mix up the decor with light and dark contrasts to bring a modern style to the room. Or go linear with the pattern on stair risers. Roseton Cement tile also makes an artistic wall mural. Whatever your purpose, consider this decorative tile.
Riviera Saltillo Tile
4. Riviera Pattern Traditional Saltillo. What’s not to love? The Riviera Pattern is our best seller for decorative shaped Saltillo tiles. Riviera is a 2-tile pattern using the San Felipe and Fleur de Lis tiles. Our favorite application for the Riviera pattern is in formal spaces like this dining room. The Riviera pattern invites an element of sophistication and luxury to rooms that will be filled with laughter and fun. We also like the Riviera pattern in an office, foyer, or bathroom. While a bit more expensive than geometric shaped tiles, considering using this saltillo pattern where you want to make a statement.
12×12 Antique Saltillo Tile
5. 12×12 Antique Saltillo Tile. Add an old-world look to your home with the 12×12 Antique Saltillo tile. Antique Saltillo is not technically an antique, but it’s made to look like reclaimed terra cotta imported from Spain or Italy (at a fraction of the cost!). Piece-by-piece, each hand-crafted tile is meticulously textured on its surface. Once the sealer is added, the end result is a rich, rust colored floor with variations from tile to tile. To create an even older look, we can dust the surface with a dark colorant followed by sealer. Alternatively, the Antique Saltillo can be transformed by leaving residual grout behind into the grooves of the texture. Play with it – this is a versatile tile! We like Antique Saltillo in outdoor areas like patios or around pools. The added texture creates some non-slip surface area while it remains smooth enough for bare feet.
Still Undecided? That’s what we are here for. Call us to chat with a product specialist (512) 260-9111 or email us. We can look at your floor plan, send you inspiration photos, and help you stay within your budget. Best of all – we can most often ship tile for less money than what you’d spend sourcing it locally. Not convinced? Get a quote!